The individual in this position provides architectural management, support, and oversight of project scopes, budgets, contracts, designs, bidding, construction and compliance with codes and standards, and day-to-day operational and tactical aspects associated with various projects and facilities.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to;
1. Performs architectural design functions by preparing schematics, working drawings, and specifications for projects of a complex nature.
2. Coordinates projects to include scheduling, budgeting, monitoring cost and resolving client issues.
3. Selects and manages the services of architects, engineers, and consultants.
4. Performs periodic construction inspections and prepares and distributes reports to appropriate personnel.
5. Collects data for use in the formulation of university design standards and maintains approved design criteria and/or code compliance requirements.
6. Coordinates and oversees the design and production of drawings and specifications with each of the required disciplines within the department.
7. Coordinates with other units, internal and external, to receive and distribute estimates and bids of construction costs for user/client approval.
Entry into the applicant pool requires a Bachelor's degree in Architecture plus 4 years professional experience in principles and practices of architectural design.
The salary range for Level III is $45,100 - $75,100.
Level IV requires a Bachelor's degree in Architecture or closely related field and licensed as an Architect in the state of Alabama.
When a candidate has the required education, but lacks the required experience, they may normally apply additional appropriate education toward the experience requirement, at a rate of one (1) year relevant education per year of required experience.
The selected candidate must have a valid Driver's License or the ability to obtain one prior to selection.
Please utilize the attachment feature of our online employment system and attach the following: cover letter, resume, and three professional references.
Only complete applications will be considered.
A commitment to an inclusive and diverse campus environment is required.
Location/Region: Auburn University, AL (36849)