VP, Business Development – IoT
Location: Remote, with travel
We are looking for an ambitious and creative executive who will drive revenue growth and adoption of Skyhook’s location technology across the Consumer and Industrial IoT markets. The VP of Business Development will develop strategic go-to-market plans, drive direct sales opportunities, build partner relationships and ultimately increase distribution of our location-based service solutions for IoT devices. The individual will focus efforts on the connectivity and chipset players in the IoT market, with additional opportunities across the OEM and ODM fields. The individual will travel extensively and develop high level executive relationships that build Skyhook’s name recognition and improve go-to-market capabilities. The position reports to the GM of Precision Location.
We look for the following in our VP, Business Development for IoT
· A strong understanding of the IoT ecosystem, including connectivity providers, LPWAN technologies, platforms, chipset makers, OEMs and ODMs.
· A deep knowledge of location technologies, use cases and how location drives IoT
· An ability to drive direct sales opportunities while also building broad partner relationships that accelerate go-to-market capabilities
· Outstanding interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with an ability to develop high-level relationships with clients and partners.
· Eager self-directed learner who can operate and drive business without significant day-to-day management or oversight
· A team player
· Work with potential partners and customers to drive strategic revenue, channel partnerships, and product distribution in the Precision Location / IoT segment for both domestic and international markets
· Develop relationships and alignment with business partners in the connectivity/chipset/ODM spaces in order to develop new sales channels and drive adoption of Skyhook location services
· Identify new opportunities, manage the sales funnel, forecast the business, and execute on closing agreements
· Collaborate and develop relationships with potential target’s executives
· Position and prioritize effectively short-term, mid-term, and long-term opportunities
· Understand the competitive landscape
· Meet or exceed sales and revenue goals with Skyhook location products
· Extensive knowledge of the IoT ecosystem and the role of location services in IoT use cases
· Minimum of 8-10 years senior or executive business development or sales management experience in IoT, M2M, B2B, carrier, connectivity, cloud and/or technical industries
· Demonstrated success of meeting and exceeding sales targets and sales leadership
· Extensive knowledge of customers, technology and trends in the IoT and IT industry
· Must be a self-starter, energetic, successful and a strong team player
· Must have a proven ability to manage multiple tasks in multiple disciplines, with well-developed organizational skills and outstanding interpersonal and networking skills
· Possess excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills
· Ability to interact with external customers at a senior level in a professional manner
· Willing to travel 50% or more
· Base location negotiable
Skyhook is dedicated to inventing and reinventing location. And the innovation in our technology is rivaled only by the innovation of our culture. Our offices in Boston, MA and Wayne, PA are filled with Idea Paint, standing desks, bean bag chairs, crowd-controlled Sonos radio and a world class snack selection. If you love data and are fanatical about improving user experiences, we want to talk to you! If you are looking for a place where you are valued not just based on what you accomplish but how you accomplish it, then you should consider joining us.
The Skyhook team is fueled by creativity, passion, intelligence and drive. Innovation is in our DNA. Our offices in Boston’s exciting Innovation District and Wayne, Pennsylvania just outside the city of Philadelphia are filled with IdeaPaint, standing, standing desks, over-sized bean bag chairs, crowd-controlled Sonos radio, a craft beer fridge and a snack selection second to none. Our offices are a collaborative open space that allows all of our teams to create and innovate together. If you love data and are fanatical about improving user experiences, we want to talk to you! If you are looking for a place where you are valued not just based on what you accomplish but how you accomplish it, then you should consider joining us.